Who we are
We were established in Czech Republic in 2007
Profesia has gradually expanded from Slovakia into neighbouring Czech and Hungarian markets and is today a member of the Finnish Alma Media group. As a result, we have become a part of the largest network of job portals in Central Europe and the Baltics.
We are professionals with a human touch
We strive to be a reliable partner for companies seeking employees and for candidates seeking to land a job. We approach each client individually and seek answers to every question.
Continuous improvement of services
We keep pace with the latest technological advances and the needs of our customers. Every day we strive to improve on our existing and develop new products. We also organise successful events and support charities in addition to our broad range of online services.
- Signature of a Memorandum of Cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic on the presentation of current job offers from the Edujobs.sk portal on the Ministry of Education website
- Launch of global salary survey Paylab.com
- Establishment of the company's official blog
- Via Bona Slovakia award from the Pontis foundation in the category of Fair Player in the Market for Edujobs.sk project
- Establishment of the We Know How incubator covering the stand-alone projects TaskHitter a KPI Watchdog
- Launch of Palgad.ee salary survey in Estonia
- Entry into the online Alma Career recruitment network active in nine European countries: Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia
- Launch of the Edujobs.sk portal focused on work in educational institutions
- Buy-out of the Domelia.sk portal in Slovakia and the Domelie.cz portal in Czech Republic with job ads for household help, tutoring and care services
- Profesia.sk application for the Windows 8 platform
- Profesia.sk delivers the first job search mobile application in Slovakia for iPhone and Android
- Launch of the beta version of Profesia Social Connect, which was shut down in 2015
- Start of voting for the Most Attractive Employer in Slovakia and presentation of awards to the winners of the Most Attractive Employer survey
- Launch of the Mojaplaca.hr salary survey in Croatia
- First year of the specialised Trh práce (Labour Market) conference
- Finnish company Alma Media becomes the owner of Profesia
- Branch opening in Prague and establishment of Profesia CZ, spol. s r.o.
- Profesia days a HR days – 1. ročník veletrhu práce a odborného veletrhu v České republice
- Our candidate administration tool, Mark, became a web application
- Launch of the Catalogue of Recruitment Agencies
- Launch of the mobile version of m.profesia.sk
- Profesia becomes a part of The Network, a global online recruitment network
- First year of the Profesia days job fair in Slovakia
- Launch of the specialised HRclub.sk portal focused specifically on HR
- Merces salary surveys are renamed Platy.cz in Czech Republic, Platy.sk in Slovakia and Fizetesek.hu in Hungary
- Launch of the Plata.ba salary survey in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Launch of the RecruitRank.cz evaluation of the best selection process in Czech Republic
- Launch of the on-line work-related advisory service Job Forum
- Launch of the Infoplate.rs survey in Serbia
- Launch of the Pozicie.sk portal with a detailed description of the most common professions in Slovakia
- Launch of the RecruitRank.sk selection process assessment tool and awarding of RecruitRank Awards in Slovakia
- Launch of the Profesia.cz job portal in Czech Republic
- Launch of salary surveys: Merces.cz in Czech Republic, Merces.sk in Slovakia and Merces.hu in Hungary
- Launch of the Mark HR application
- Award of the top prize in the category of legal entities within the Dar roka 2006 (Donation of the Year 2006) project for improving the opportunities for disabled people in finding suitable job fulfilment
- Launch of the Workania.hu job portal in Hungary
- Lapcom, Kft., A&N International Media Slovakia, a division of the British company Daily Mail and General Trust plc., becomes the owner of Profesia
- Certificate and "Slovak Gold" medal in the category of Services for the Profesia.sk product, awarded for the first time to an Internet company
- Fourth place and the top ranking Slovak company in the international Fast 50 ranking compiled by Deloitte in the Rising Stars category for fastest-growing technology companies
- First place in SlovakPrix Multimedia competition in the category of E-commerce and support for small and medium enterprises
- Establishment of Profesia, spol. s r.o.
- Cena roku 2000 (Year 2000 Award) in the HR Project category from Združenie pre riadenie a rozvoj ľudských zdrojov (Slovak Association for Human Resources Management and Development)
- Establishment of the Profesia.sk portal
Ms Molnárová has been with Profesia since 2001. She became the Executive Director in 2010, rising through the ranks as a sales representative and later sales director; she was recognised as the top Slovak businesswoman in 2013 by the Slovak daily Hospodárske noviny. She graduated from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics from Comenius University, has two children and is a running enthusiast.
Mr Jakuš studied at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Comenius University and specialised in artificial intelligence. He co-founded the software company ui42, where he focused on the Profesia.sk product. He became the Executive Director of Profesia after its establishment. He has held the position of Product Director since October 2011 after returning to the company following a year-long sabbatical.